MOD’s Centre for Defence Enterprise (CDE) ia running a competition that will fund exploratory studies and demonstrations to develop concepts and technologies required for delivering a UK space-based military capability. A smaller number of successful projects will be taken forward for further development.
Areas of particular interest include:
- technologies providing wide-area surveillance combined with ways of detecting small objects of interest
- technologies providing very frequent or persistent coverage to observe short-lived events
methods for detecting concealed objects
- technologies to provide secure communications using hand-held terminals from hard-to-reach locations
- secure use of existing commercial space infrastructures
The MOD is also interested in reducing build and operating costs. Cost reduction should be achieved without reducing reliability or assurance of systems. Proposals are particularly welcome which investigate the use of:
- novel platform technologies, including on-orbit propulsion and power systems, but excluding launch
- novel payload technologies, including deployable structures
This CDE themed competition will close on Thursday, 6 January 2015 at 5pm.
All proposals must be submitted via the CDE Portal.
This competition is run by the Centre for Defence Enterprise.
Opens: 22 October 2014
Closes: 6 January 2015
Contracts awarded: TBC
Call: 01235 438 445