Thursday 27th October 2016
The Geological Society
Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BD
After the success of the inaugural BARSCuddle, the British Association of Remote Sensing Companies (BARSC) is calling for abstracts to The Second BARSCuddle: Experiences with Sentinel.
The objective of this year’s Cuddle is to enable BARSC members to better understand the challenges and successes with Sentinel 1 and/or Sentinel 2 data. Share and learn from one another’s experience: accessing; processing; exploiting; and disseminating derived products. Issues that may be dealt with include:
- Data access: Scientific Hub vs. UK Ground Segment
- Managing data volumes: Pitfalls and best practice
- Processing challenges: Functionality, compute power and dissemination
- Applications benefitting the research community
- Applications leading to commercial exploitation
- Transitioning academic research to commercially viable offering
- Other challenges and how these were overcome: Your story
Presentations will be limited to a maximum of 5 slides and 10 minutes with upwards of 10 minutes provided to underpin collaborative discussion, per presentation. Significant time is allocated to the discussion, maximising interaction with the meeting participants.
Please submit your abstract to email@example.com by Friday 29th July 2016.
Abstracts that meet the brief shall be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Notification of successful submissions shall be made on or before Friday 26th August 2016.