The 2nd ESA funded Hackathon will focus on the analysis of colour HD Satellite Video to support Aircraft and Ship Detection and Motion Tracking.
The challenge will take place between 14th February and 14th March 2022.
Winners will be awarded prizes of up to Euro 5,000!
You may enter as an individual or as a team.
You will be given access to the VANTAGE platform, a selection of satellite videos, and example code for processing the videos.
So of the 280 satellite videos in the Vantage library can be seen here:
Winners will be selected by a panel including Earth-i, CGI and the European Space Agency representatives. The evaluators will be looking for:
- Compatibility in terms of producing code that runs in the VANTAGE platform
- Innovation in terms of approaches to tracking moving objects in satellite videos
- Optimisation in terms of algorithms that are not excessively resource-hungry
- Quality in terms of the accuracy and reliability of the output products generated
- Value in terms of potential for end-user applications or further development
Event Timetable & Registration Details:
- Registration Deadline: Thursday 10th February 2022
- Registration: by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including details of any resource/library requests you may have. You will need a Google or LinkedIn account in order to register and access the platform.
Competition Starts: Monday 14th February 2022
- Briefing & Tutorial Webinar: 14th February, 10:00-11:00 CET
- Tech Support Webinars: 21st, 28th February and 7th March, 10:00 CET
- Tech Support: Weekdays during 14th February – 14th March, 10:00-17:00 CET
Competition Ends: Monday 14th March 2022
- Individual 15-min Presentation Slots: 14th March
- Winners Announced / Awards Ceremony: Tuesday 15th March
In the final coding challenge, we are calling for EO coding enthusiasts to use the VANTAGE platform to demonstrate innovative ways to exploit satellite videos for aircraft and vessel object detection and motion tracking. This could include looking for movement on roads, runways, at sea.
The competition is open to all EO algorithm developers and enthusiasts.
Click to download the Hackathon PDF: VANTAGE Coding Challenge No.2