We are delighted to share the details of current positions available in the British remote sensing and earth observation industries.
BARSC member, ARGANS is recruiting an experienced Programmer.
The role combines components of both earth observation science and programming.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with an established background in C/C++ programming.
The successful candidate will initially join our SMOS project team working on the maintenance and development of the Level 2 Soil Moisture and Ocean Salinity processors, and ancillary tools.
Longer term, as a member of a small and well-integrated multi-disciplinary team of engineers, programmers and scientists, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate on international projects, in collaboration with teams at the forefront of satellite-based Earth Observation.
The primary role and responsibilities will be:
• Coding or bug fixing, in C and C++, of the two SMOS L2 processors
• Creation and maintenance of additional SMOS support tools and scripts
• Writing technical documentation and reports
• To participate in SMOS meetings, both virtual and face to face (post-COVID)
• Providing programming and technical support to our team of Scientists and Engineers
• Development, maintenance and operation of processing software and tools
• To represent ARGANS at Client and consortium meetings/conferences
Then please go to https://argans.co.uk/careers.html for a detailed Job Specification and Application Form.